There are thousands of fantastic things to do in Washington, DC in the fall – many of which are free! While you’re in the Nation’s bustling capital city, make sure to include a stay at our top-rated Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast. We’re well-located in the Kalorama Park Neighborhood near highly-sought after destinations like Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, Georgetown, and Capitol Hill. Combine this great location and our exceptional hospitality, and it’s easy to see why we’re rated as one of the best places to stay in Washington, DC.
While you’re staying with us at our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast, enjoy all this fantastic city has to offer. Browse the diverse Washington, DC neighborhoods, visit popular monuments and museums, enjoy the natural beauty at local parks, dine at the city’s top restaurants, enjoy fabulous shopping, and so much more. Our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast is within easy walking distance to many of the top-rated things to do in Washington, DC, and also offers easy access to local metro lines.
Our historic home offers you all the convenience of modern hotels, yet all the creature comforts of home. With stately guest rooms, friendly hospitality, and the perfect centralized location, it’s easy to see why we’re rated as one of the best places to stay in Washington, DC. Whether in town for business or pleasure, we can’t wait to welcome you behind the walls of our historic Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
Discover the #1 Best Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast
With a crowded marketing place of standard (and relatively boring) hotels to choose from, one way to ensure your getaway is memorable and unique is to find equally impressive lodging. That’s exactly what you’ll find at our top-rated Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast. Whether you’re in town to visit the Nation’s leading museums, discover historical monuments, explore and shop your way through the city’s top neighborhoods, or are just here for business, there’s only one place that will offer you the same level of convenience, hospitality, and comfort, and that’s the American Guest House, a Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast,
Our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast is the perfect home base for your time away. We’re easily accessed via metro lines and within walking distance of many of the city’s most popular neighborhoods and convention centers. Our location is excellent, but it’s just one of the many things that set us apart from our competition.
Our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast itself oozes with historic charm. We’re housed in a beautiful four-story Colonial-syle row house that dates back to 1893. You won’t find a stuffy, historic residence inside, though. Instead, you’ll find the perfect blend between old and new, with stately and elegant furnishings reminiscent of this bygone era, complete with all the modern amenities and creature comforts you crave from home.
We have twelve guest rooms for you to choose from, each of which is thoughtfully decorated, impeccably clean, and featuring crisp, white linens and plenty of modern amenities. From free and fast WiFi for business travelers and high-end toiletries in each suite to property amenities like self-serve coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cookies throughout the day, we’ve thought of everything, so you don’t have to.
We no longer serve a traditional breakfast to our guests, as we know many of you are busy and looking for a high-value getaway. However, we continue to offer the option for a continental breakfast should you so choose. This can be especially helpful for business travelers who need to attend early-morning meetings or conferences.
With access to so much of the city from one comfortable spot, it’s easy to see why our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast is rated as one of the top places to stay in the city.
Best Things to do in Washington, DC This Fall
It’s no secret that some of the country’s most sought-after museums, monuments, and attractions are found in the capital city – and it’s true that there’s no shortage of great things to do in Washington, DC. What makes it even better is that so many of the top attractions here are free to enjoy! This fall is an exquisite time to plan a getaway to Washington, DC, too!
Fall is stunning in Washington, DC. Gorgeous fall colors are everywhere you turn, and the busy summer crowds have gone home for the season, leaving you far more time and space to enjoy the best of the city. There’s something here for everyone. Below, we’ve listed a few of our favorite things to do in Washington, DC, hoping to inspire you to visit our sensational Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast this fall. Happy travel planning!
- You can’t come to Washington, DC, and not visit at least one of the Smithsonian Museums, perfect for when the weather outside gets a bit chilly.
- Another great thing to do in Washington DC on those cooler afternoons is visit the National Gallery of Art.
- Don’t miss your chance to enjoy the vibrant colors of the season at the stunning National Arboretum. No matter the season, this is one of the most beautiful and impressive things to do in Washington, DC.
- Grab your sweetheart and head for a romantic walk around the National Mall, where you’ll admire some of the Nation’s most significant monuments, all framed by the stunning hues of fall.
- If you visit our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast this fall, we can’t recommend enough a trip to Rock Creek Park. It is, by far, one of the most beautiful places to take a walk. It’s truly no wonder this is one of the most popular things to do in Washington, DC.
- Get out of the city for a break this fall, and take a scenic drive on the George Washington Memorial Parkway. Another great place to go just outside Washington, DC’s Metro area is the Mount Vernon Estate.
- Take the time to explore the different Washington, DC Neighborhoods. Many top destinations, including Georgetown’s historic, cobblestoned streets, the Capital Riverfront, Capitol Hill, and Adams Morgan, are walkable from our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast.
- Stroll up and down Embassy Row, admiring the historic homes
As you can see, the possibilities for fun and adventure are limitless when you stay with us at our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast. Don’t let another glorious fall pass you by! Whether you’re attending business, a local conference or event, or just exploring our Nation’s history, you’ll find there are no better places to stay than our historic Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!