With the country’s schools back in session and families everywhere geared up for the busy fall season, there’s never been a better time to take a quick city break to Washington, DC. There are so many incredible things to do in Washington, DC, this fall, not least of which is to visit the city’s top-rated museums. Vibrant foliage, great waterfront views, fantastic restaurants, bars, and attractions, and far fewer crowds than the busy summer set the perfect stage for your getaway.
Whether you prefer to be browsing museums or out walking through beautiful parks, there are plenty of things to do in Washington, DC, for everyone. The weather throughout September and October is still relatively mild and warm, too, but absent are the dramatic heat waves and high humidity this area can experience in the summer. It’s truly a vibrant time to be in the city!
Just as there are so many wonderful things to do in Washington, DC, in the fall, there are plenty of places to stay. If you want to be near the heart of the action in an elegant boutique hotel, though, there’s no better choice than the American Guest House, rated one of the top Boutique Hotels in Washington, DC. We’re conveniently located in the Kalorama Park neighborhood, bordering both Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle.
From here, the top things to do in Washington, DC, including some of the top neighborhoods, bars, and restaurants, are at your disposal. Are you ready to experience the best of Washinton, DC? Book your room at our Washington, DC Boutique Hotel near Dupont Circle today!
Best Things to do in Washington, DC This Fall
Washington, DC is a fun and vibrant city, filled with unique energy and a variety of world-class attractions. There’s no shortage of things to do in Washington, DC, especially as these beautiful months of fall roll around. There’s definitely something here for everyone – and we’d love nothing more than to be your guide to our amazing city.
Though the below list is in no way complete, it represents a few of our seasonal favorites! From getting out and enjoying the beauty of fall in the nation’s capital to taking advantage of the smaller crowds, here are some of our favorite things to do in Washington, DC, in the fall:
- Bask in the sensationally colorful foliage found at the National Arboretum. This is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful things to do in Washington, DC, in the fall.
- For even more gorgeous fall-hued views, take a walk around the National Mall, and admire the different monuments to our historic past framed by brightly-hued fall colors.
- Local parks, like the nearby Rock Creek Park, are also great places to take a walk or bike ride while soaking up gorgeous fall foliage.
- Pick a favorite, and start exploring the fantastic collection of Smithsonian Museums. When the weather outside gets chilly, it’s a great time to head indoors – and DC’s extensive museums are perfect!
- Check out the current exhibits at the National Gallery of Art. Don’t miss the sculpture garden here – it’s particularly gorgeous during the fall!
- If you’re looking for beautiful scenic drives to take, you’ll be thrilled to know one of our favorite things to do in Washington, DC, in the fall is to drive the George Washington Memorial Parkway.
- Get out of the city and head to the scenic Mount Vernon Estate. It’s gorgeous during the fall, but if you time it right, you can also enjoy the Mount Vernon Fall Wine Festival and Sunset Tour from October 7 – 9.
- Another of our favorite things to do in Washington, DC, each fall is enjoying the vibrant festivals around the city. Popular choices include the H Street Festival, Art All Night, the International City Food Festival, and the DC Beer Fest.
- Take the time to explore the different Washington, DC Neighborhoods. It’s one of our favorite things to do in Washington, Dc, especially in the fall. Favorites include Georgetown’s historic, cobblestoned streets, the Capital Riverfront, Capitol Hill, and more.
- There’s nothing more “fall” than getting a taste of the season – and there’s no better place to do that than local cideries. This guide includes a lot of good options for cider lovers!
- Fall is a great time to explore local farmers’ markets, which just so happens to be one of our favorite things to do in Washington, DC. Popular markets include the Dupont Circle market, the White House Farmers’ Market, and the kid-friendly Falls Church market.
- Stroll up and down Embassy Row, admiring the historic homes and reveling in the beauty of these buildings under the gentle glow of fall’s autumnal hues.
Best Place to Stay in Washington DC
While enjoying the best things to do in Washington, DC, this fall, let the American Guest House boutique hotel serve as your comfortable home away from home. Our location is just the beginning of what makes us one of the best places to stay in Washington, DC.
As you pull up to the stunning exterior of our Washington, DC Boutique Hotel, you’ll start to see why we’re one of the best places to stay in Washington, DC. Our Inn is housed in a beautiful four-story Colonial-style row house that dates back to 1893. Inside, you’ll find a welcoming and stately elegance reminiscent of a bygone era. Each guest room is impeccably clean and well-maintained with crisp white linens and outfitted with all the modern amenities you crave.
Apart from offering comfortable and clean accommodations with exceptional hospitality, we’re also well-located for you to enjoy the best of Washington, DC. We’re in the Kalorama Park neighborhood bordering the famed Dupont Circle neighborhood. You can easily access the White House, Monuments, Smithsonian Museums, Capitol Hill, Georgetown, Georgetown Waterfront Park, Washington Harbor, and so much more.
With access to so much of the city, it’s easy to see why we’re one of the best places to stay in Washington, DC. Add the best hospitality and comfortable accommodations, and you have the recipe for an unforgettable vacation in the nation’s capital. Don’t you think it’s time you experienced the best things to do in Washington, DC? Book your room today!