When it comes to finding reasons to visit our historic Washington DC Bed and Breakfast, we can think of plenty – not least of which is the opportunity to relax, unwind and enjoy the stately ambiance of this restored 19th-century row house. To fuel your busy days of adventure between museums, monuments, and exploring, we recommend you turn to the deliciously capable hands of the top Dupont Circle restaurants.
Washington DC has a fantastic food scene, with various wonderful neighborhoods worthy of exploring bite by bite. Many of our favorites, though, which also happen to be nearby, are the restaurants found in Dupont Circle. Like any great city, there are more Dupont Circle restaurants worth visiting than we can possibly cover in a single blog. That doesn’t even begin to cover great restaurants in other neighborhoods, like Capitol Hill, Georgetown, and Woodley Park.
As you work your way from one eatery to the next, it won’t take long to discover that Washington DC’s food scene is diverse, ranging from casual eateries and international cuisine to upscale fine dining establishments and even those with a Michelin Star or two. Like Washington DC itself, Dupont Circle restaurants offer a little bit of something for everyone. When you can’t possibly put another morsel in your mouth, the comfortable ambiance of our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast will be waiting for you.
Embrace the charm and character of 19th-century America in this impeccably restored Bed and Breakfast, and let us treat you to the relaxing getaway you deserve this summer. You can enjoy this stately row house without having to sacrifice location. We’re centrally located in the Kalorama Park and Dupont Circle neighborhoods, close to the top Dupont Circle restaurants and the best things to do in Washington DC. If you’re ready to taste this exciting city, book a room at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington DC today!
10 Best Dupont Circle Restaurants in Washington DC
Dupont Circle is perhaps one of the best known, or at least most recognizable Washington DC neighborhoods. At the center of the neighborhood is the iconic Dupont Circle fountain, which is a great place to sit and enjoy some people watching. Though the chance to eat at Dupont Circle restaurants is enough of a reason to visit this Washington DC neighborhood, it’s also home to some of the city’s bests bars, coffee shops, bookstores, and eclectic shopping – most of which are found along Connecticut Avenue.
Some of the top Washington DC restaurants are found in Dupont Circle, many of which are within easy walking distance of our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast. Dupont Circle restaurants make great stops for business travelers in town looking for a quick lunch or dinner and even a place to host a work-related happy hour. You’re just as likely to spot locals enjoying dining out at the city’s top tables as you are to find tourists soaking up local flavors.
With a diverse range of exceptional restaurants, it’s pretty hard to go wrong dining out in this area. As you start planning your upcoming getaways to our Bed and Breakfast, here are some of the best Dupont Circle restaurants to consider for 2022:
- There are few things better than slurping down a salty, briny, ocean-fresh oyster on a hot summer’s day, and the best place to do that is Hanks Oyster Bar. The lobster roll here is just as delicious.
- We’ll never pass up the opportunity to dine at a bookstore, especially one as famous as Kramers (formerly Kramberbooks). Their 26-seat bar features a great menu with 18 beers on tap, wine and cocktails, and plenty of yummy bar snacks to go along with it.
- We mentioned that Dupont Circle itself (at the fountain) is a great place to people watch, but now you can do it with a drink in hand at Doyle Bar. It’s a swanky mid-century-chic bar that offers excellent views of Dupont Circle, great cocktails, and plenty of food to nibble on.
- Ask anyone in Washington DC where to get the best sushi, and Sushi Taro will inevitably be mentioned. Belly up to the Omakase-style counter at this Michelin-starred restaurant and let the inventive tasting experience transport your tastebuds.
- There aren’t many places where you can enjoy a delicious meal accompanied by rare Palestinian wines – but you’ll find it at Ala. This gem features Lebanese, Syrian, and Israeli (Levantine) cuisine and has been featured in the Michelin Guide.
- If a taste of France is what you’re after, you can’t go wrong with a meal at Bistrot du Coin. The ambiance is quirky and fun, and on the menu, you’ll find well-executed French favorites like Moules Frites and Escargot.
- If you’d rather indulge in some Italian fare for the evening, 35-year-old Le Tomate Bistro won’t disappoint. The ingredients are fresh and straightforward, just like the very best Italian cuisine.
- Tapas, Happy Hour, and Sangria – these three things make tastebuds sing, and you’ll find it all at Boqueriqa – one of the best Dupont Circle restaurants. If you think this place looks familiar, you may have seen it in New York, Chicago, or even Nashville.
- If you’re in the mood for a good burger, don’t miss the chance to nosh on the Proper Burger at Duke’s Grocery. It’s often called the best burger in DC.
- Iron Gate is one of the best Dupont Circle restaurants to enjoy a classic, delicious, and romantic evening out. In particular, their enclosed garden is an absolutely delightful place to enjoy your meal during the summer months.
The Best Place to Stay in Washington DC
While these Dupont circle restaurants make for a welcome addition to any getaway in Washington DC, there’s so much more to this incredible city worth talking about. As the country opens up again, this summer promises plenty of fun in the capital city. Though there’s no way to see it or taste it all in a few days, you can at least get a start! When you need that place to call home at the end of the day, turn to our welcoming Washington DC Bed and Breakfast!
Our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast is situated in a historic 19th-century row house in the Kalorama Park and Dupont Circle neighborhoods. We offer twelve stately guest rooms. Each of them is outfitted with all the modern amenities you crave, including free and fast WiFi, high-end toiletries in each suite, and property amenities like self-serve coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cookies throughout the day. In the morning, we’ll treat you to a bountiful continental breakfast in our dining room, or we offer a to-go breakfast or even a room-only rate without breakfast.
Apart from offering comfortable and clean accommodations with exceptional hospitality, we’re also well-located for you to enjoy the best of Washington DC. We’re in the Kalorama Park neighborhood and bordering the famed Dupont Circle neighborhood. With access to so much of the city, including the top Dupont Circle restaurants, it’s easy to see why so many make our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast their home base. Book your room today!