Earlier this year, we wrote a blog about the best Dupont Circle restaurants, many of which also rank as the best restaurants in Washington DC. As we head into the hottest days of summer, we thought it’d be fun to add to this topic and introduce you to the best Dupont Circle bars worth visiting this summer.
Dupont Circle is easily one of the most popular Washington DC Neighborhoods. Given that it’s such a short walk from our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast, it’s a great place to spend some time visiting us this summer. Having the opportunity to explore this exciting part of town, not to mention seeing all of the significant monuments and other things to do in Washington DC, is a great reason to visit our historic Washington DC Bed and Breakfast.
The American Guest House is rated as one of the best places to stay in Washington DC. While it has a lot to do with our exceptional location near these Dupont Circle bars and other things to do in Washington DC, we really offer so much more than convenience. Our Inn is situated in an impeccably restored 19th-century row house. Our guest rooms are tastefully decorated and outfitted with a great selection of modern amenities.
However you want to experience this remarkable city, now is a great time to enjoy the best Dupont Circle bars and other delights in the capital. Book a room at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington DC today!
8 Best Dupont Circle Bars in Washington DC
Dupont Circle is perhaps one of the best-known Washington DC neighborhoods, home to some of the best restaurants and nightlife. Dupont Circle bars are unique and plentiful and can be a fun part of any getaway to the city. There’s plenty to do in Dupont Circle throughout the day, including people-watching at the Dupont Circle Fountain, browsing the eclectic shops and bookstores, and even grabbing a cup or two of coffee.
However, as the sweltering heat of the day really sets in, or even perhaps at night when you’re looking to unwind from our day, there’s nothing better than grabbing a cold and delicious craft cocktail at the fantastic array of Dupont Circle bars. You won’t have to worry too much about walking back to our Bed and Breakfast in Washington DC, as these Dupont Circle bars are within easy walking distance of our Inn.
This list is in no way inclusive, but here are 10 Dupont Circle bars we think you should try out during your next Washington DC getaway.
- With around 100 cocktails on the menu, it’s hard to go wrong with Bar Charley’s. It’s a staple among Dupont Circle bars, and it’s easy to see why.
- The Happy Hour is always hopping at Bar Dupont. Don’t let the fact that it’s attached to the Dupont Circle Hotel – it’s one of the most popular Dupont Circle bars for locals, too!
- The historic ambiance at Iron Gate is just as delicious as the cocktails. Their restaurant is fantastic (and on our list of the best Dupont Circle restaurants) – but their carriage house has been converted to a pretty great bar space worthy of your time.
- The Quill Bar & Lounge is a fantastic, swanky space to enjoy a cocktail in the capital city. They also have a great outdoor patio.
- The Admiral, located just off the Dupont Circle itself, is a great bar and serves as a casual space to have drinks with friends.
- If you like unique Dupont Circle bars with built-in entertainment, head to The Board Room. The ambiance is funky, the drinks are great, and there are vintage board games to play while you enjoy your time.
- Old World charm and modern refinement come together at Nero, a great little Dupont Circle bar to visit this summer!
- Enjoy gorgeous rooftop views with your drinks at The Rooftop at the Ven at Embassy Row. It’s easy to miss, but it’s one of the best Dupont Circle bars to visit, especially in the summer!
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Washington DC
A fun night out at the best Dupont Circle bars is an excellent addition to any getaway to Washington DC, but truly, there are so many more incredible things to do in Washington DC. With the cost of gas and travel soaring, there’s never been a better time to stick a little closer to home and explore all the fantastic destinations right here in our own backyard. Washington DC has something for everyone, making it an excellent place for a summer getaway.
The only thing that makes a visit to this remarkable city better is excellent accommodations, and that’s exactly what you’ll find at our #1-rated Bed and Breakfast in Washington DC. Our Bed and Breakfast is a welcome home away from home, outfit with twelve beautiful guestrooms and all the modern amenities you crave. Truly, there’s no better place to rest your head after a night at the best Dupont Circle bars.
We’re also well-located for you to enjoy the best of Washington DC. We’re in the Kalorama Park neighborhood and bordering the famed Dupont Circle neighborhood, giving you easy access to the best things to do in Washington DC. If you’re ready for an unforgettable getaway, book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington DC today!