For those heading to our Nation’s Capital during the winter months for holiday decorations and cheer, our bed and breakfast in Washington, DC, is one of the best places to stay. Unlike chain hotels, you’ll experience an unparalleled level of service tailored to your needs, and your lodging becomes a special part of your getaway—not just a room to keep your bags. While visiting the National Christmas Tree and shopping at the fantastic holiday markets will be unforgettable, being a guest at our bed and breakfast in Washington, DC, will also enhance your time.
The American Guest House—the premier Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast—is located in our historic 1893 Colonial-style home; the white exterior facade stands out with stunning architectural details, a classic representation of row houses from the time. Inside, you’ll find 12 immaculate guest rooms, all meticulously restored and renovated with private en suite baths and modern amenities for a comfortable stay. Each room is artfully-appointed with fine furnishings and comfortable beds, all ideal spaces to unwind and relax.
Relax at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington, DC
Whether you’re joining us at our bed and breakfast in Washington, DC, for business or pleasure, you’ll absolutely love retreating back to your guest suite after a long day of work or exploring the nearby attractions. As a small-scale lodging option with only 12 elegant guest rooms, you’ll never deal with unwanted crowds or noise. The intimate space is ideal for romantic getaways or solo retreats, as every inch of our Inn is tailored for relaxation.
Each guest room is equipped with central heat and AC, free wi-fi, private and pristine en suite baths, Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, televisions, and fine furnishings. Our property amenities at our bed and breakfast in Washington, DC, include self-serve coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available all day, with other options available for purchase. We have a lovely library selection for the perfect vacation reads, as well as maps and tourist information. We’re always happy to help with reservations at local restaurants or shows.
For those visiting DC with romance in mind, be sure to check out our room enhancements and special add-ons. Book in advance to have a bouquet of roses, a bottle of French Champagne, or a box of chocolates awaiting your arrival. You’ll love our location in Dupont Circle, central and within walking distance of many of DC’s most popular attractions.
The Best Things to do in Washington, DC, this Winter
If you haven’t visited our Nation’s Capital during the holiday season, you’ve been missing out! There are so many amazing things to do in Washington, DC, year-round, but this city is especially beautiful under the twinkling lights and festive cheer.
- Check out the National Christmas Tree at the White House: A must-visit for any guest at our bed and breakfast in Washinton, DC, the White House building shouldn’t be missed. During the holiday season, it’s especially beautiful with the crowning jewel on the lawn, the bedazzled National Christmas Tree.
- Shopping at the Downtown Holiday Market: This amazing open-air holiday market is an annual tradition for locals and visitors alike. This year, expect to find more than 75 vendors offering original art, apparel, and holiday gifts. All made more magical when accompanied by live music drifting through the village.
- Ice-skating at the Local Rinks: As a guest at our bed and breakfast in Washington, DC, you’ll be within 20 minutes of four ice skating rinks to enjoy this holiday activity. For a romantic vibe, head to the National Gallery of Sculpture Garden to skate hand and hand in the cold night air.
- Visit the Museums and Monuments: Bundle up and visit the majestic monuments DC is known for, including the National Mall, the U.S. National Arboretum, and the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, all even more magical with a dusting of snow. And when you need to warm up, head inside to peruse the works at the National Gallery of Art and the recently reopened and renovated National Air and Space Museum.
- Warm up at the Local Restaurants and Bars: The culinary scene in Washington, DC, is innovative and unique—including a vast array of cuisines and delights. From lovely wood-fired kitchens and Italian steakhouses to Sichuan flavors and creative sushi, you’ll find it all for light lunches, great breweries, festive happy hours, and cozy dinners.
We can’t wait to host you at our historic bed and breakfast in Washington, DC! Book your stay today.