Washington DC in winter, offers a unique blend of romance, culture, and charm. The city’s iconic landmarks, world-class museums, and diverse dining options create a perfect setting for a memorable and intimate winter getaway. Our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast happens to be in the ideal location to enjoy these attractions, and you’ll have the most romantic homebase in which to head out and explore.
DC may be most known for its artistic monuments and touching memorials, but the pockets of neighborhoods around town are hidden gems that must be discovered on your romantic getaways. For example, the Kalorama Neighborhood, where you’ll find our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast, is a quiet and beautiful space to explore in the city, from Rock Creek Park’s stunning, untouched nature and sophisticated architecture to the cozy cafes and world-class restaurants.
Back at our historic Inn, you’ll find a simple elegance paired with exceptional hospitality and luxurious amenities. Unlike the larger hotel chains, staying at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast is full of personal touches and memorable experiences. Our twelve guest rooms are incredibly comforting in the winter months. So, bundle up, embrace the chilly weather, and let the capital city weave its winter magic on your romantic escape! Book your room at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast today.
What to Expect at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast
As you arrive at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast, first take a moment to appreciate the architecture of our Colonial-style home built in 1893 and gently renovated to maintain the historic charm while modernizing our guest amenities. Our decor and furnishings have a classic atmosphere, creating a welcoming space to relax and reconnect with your partner. You’ll be greeted by our Innkeeper or professional staff members, and they will show you to your guest room.
Here are a few things to know about lodging at our romantic Washington DC Bed and Breakfast:
- Our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast has only twelve guest rooms, so you’ll never encounter unwanted crowds or noise during your stay. Each room offers complete privacy with an en suite bathroom for our guests hoping to spend quality one-on-one time together.
- For those heading to our area with romance in mind, you’ll want to plan ahead and add one of our fantastic enhancement packages. Our “Sparking Celebration” package is perfect for a unique getaway for two, with a bottle of Moet & Chandon on ice and strawberries awaiting you in your guest room. We also have single add-ons like flowers, chocolates, and wine to keep the magical throughout your time here.
- During your stay, we have self-serve coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and cookies available around the clock. Water, sodas, juice, yogurt, and snacks stocked in the dining room fridge are available on the honor system.
- For business travelers or those attending a convention at the nearby Washington Hilton, you’ll find that our modern amenities are helpful for your work retreat. We have free Wi-Fi throughout the Inn, and our living room can double up as a meeting space as well. It can accommodate up to six people, and we only charge $40-$60 per hour—a low-cost option for your business needs!
The Most Romantic Things to Do in Washington DC this Winter
There are so many amazing things to do in Washington DC, and many of them are the perfect way to spark the romance on your getaway for two! If you’re visiting during the holidays, our city is always festively lit up and decorated for celebrations.
- Any time of year, you’ll want to check out the fantastic collection of museums in Washington, DC. There are more than 17 Smithsonian Museums, the majority of which are entirely free and the perfect places to spend a chilly day exploring works of art, interactive displays, and historical facts and figures.
- One of our favorite things to do in Washington DC on those winter afternoons is visit the National Gallery of Art for the spectacular collection of paintings, drawings, and photography.
- The Sculpture Garden in the National Mall transforms each winter with the time-old tradition of ice skating! The rink is such a fun way to enjoy the crisp outdoors and skate hand and hand along the ice.
- After a skate around the rink, grab your sweetheart and head for a romantic walk around the National Mall, where you’ll admire some of the Nation’s most significant monuments, even more beautiful with a light dusting of snow.
- On your visit to our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast this winter, we always recommend a trip to Rock Creek Park. It is, by far, one of the most beautiful places to take a walk in the city. This urban park is one of the most popular things to do in Washington, DC, and you’ll love feeling immersed in nature in the heart of a bustling city.
- Take the time to explore the different Washington DC Neighborhoods. Many top destinations, including Georgetown’s historic, cobblestoned streets, the Capital Riverfront, Capitol Hill, and Adams Morgan, are walkable from our Washington, DC Bed and Breakfast.
- Dining out is a special treat in Washington DC! There are many options, including romantic speakeasies and classic steakhouses to trendy new concepts and international delights. You may want to pick one neighborhood to explore and book your date nights accordingly. For a complete list of our favorite restaurants in Capitol Hill, click here.
- One of the most romantic things to do in Washington DC after your dinner out on the town is head to the Kennedy Center for the symphony or a live theater production. They put on a beautiful showing of The Nutcracker each winter as well.
This is just the beginning of the romantic things to do this winter when you stay at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast. Feel free to ask your Innkeeper for more personalized recommendations, insider tips, and to help make reservations for you. Start planning your next getaway and book your room today!