Our Nation’s Capital is a food-centric city! There’s no shortage of fantastic restaurants near Capitol Hill and all around town. And while some visitors might assume that the Capitol Hill neighborhood is just a stretch of government buildings, it’s actually quite the hub for culinary hot spots, many hyperlocal and undiscovered. Whether you’re a fan of homemade pasta and hearty sandwiches or looking for lighter fare, you’ll find it at these restaurants near Capitol Hill.
While the Capitol Hill neighborhood is best known for being the home of the Supreme Court and Library of Congress, it’s also one of the most popular places to live. The collection of historic row houses is impressive, and the micro-neighborhood of Barracks Row has gained a following for its off-the-beaten-path oyster houses and pubs. You might be surprised by the lively nightlife, and these restaurants near Capitol Hill are the perfect place for business lunches, professional dinners, or even date nights.
Before you start making dinner reservations at these restaurants near Capitol Hill, why not make a full getaway out of your next trip to DC and book a room at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast, American Guest House? Located in the historic and central Kaloroma Neighborhood, you’ll be in the ideal location to explore all of the best things to do in the city. We’re also the perfect lodging choice for business travelers or conference attendees at the nearby Washington Hilton Convention Center. Start planning your next visit and book your room today!
Great Restaurants Near Capitol Hill, DC
One of the best parts of exploring a city you’ve never visited is finding the best places to eat! Washington DC is known as a foodie town with dining options ranging from fast-casual to multi-coursed fine cuisine.
Here are a handful of our favorite Washington DC restaurants near Capitol Hill to try on your next visit:
- Belga Cafe: Known as a favorite breakfast stop in DC, this local cafe from the mind of Belgian chef Bart Vandaele (a contestant of season 10 of Top Chef) has fantastic egg dishes, sandwiches, and creative waffle combinations.
- Ted’s Bulletin: Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this is a great casual spot for a flavorful and whimsical meal. Ted’s was put on the map for its homemade pop tarts, so be sure to grab one of those.
- Chiko: If a dumpling happy hour perks up your ears, then this Chinese-Korean fusion restaurant near Capitol Hill should be on your list. The flavors are bold and spicy!
- The Duck and The Peach: For a farm-to-table new American experience, you’ll find the classic dishes of California with a New England flair on this creative menu. Pop into this beautiful vine-covered brick building for an exquisite dinner.
- Market Lunch: Known for having the best crab cakes and seafood dishes in DC, this cafe, located inside the historic Eastern Market, has been a dining institution since 1978.
- Beuchert’s Saloon: This neighborhood joint is popular with the locals for farm-fresh American dishes—many ingredients are sourced from local co-ops and served with playful preparations.
- Little Pearl: For a fancy, seven-course tasting dinner, this is one of the most romantic restaurants near Capitol Hill to try for date night! Reserve a table in their cozy dining room, a glass-enclosed conservatory room, or a communal seat.
- Ambar: As the only Balkan restaurant in Washington, DC, this local gem in Barracks Row has received critical acclaim since its debut. Head here for flavorful kebabs, cheeses, and fruit-infused brandies.
- Rose’s Luxury: They offer a five-course “choose your own adventure” meal at this elegant and fun fine dining restaurant. Chef Aaron Silverman hit the culinary ground running in 2013 and has been making waves ever since.
- Joselito Casa de Comidas: This is one of the most intimate Spanish restaurants near Capitol Hill for tapas, wine, and a lively atmosphere. Leisurely dining is encouraged, so sit back, order a few courses, and take it all in.
This is just a small taste of the best Washington DC restaurants near Capitol Hill. Head to our blog for more information, including our favorite Dupont Circle restaurants not far from our Was, Washington DC Bed and Breakfast.
Book our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast
The lodging options in Washington, DC are vast, which isn’t surprising considering more than 20 million people flock to the Nation’s Capital each year, whether for business or pleasure. Dining out is just one part of your getaway, and there’s no shortage of fantastic restaurants near Capitol Hill and beyond in our great city. Where you stay is also a significant component of a successful vacation or work trip! If you choose our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be supporting a locally owned business and find unique and comfortable guest rooms with lovely amenities in an ideal, centralized location to all of the most popular things to do in the area.
For those heading to DC for a conference or seminar at the Washington Hilton Convention Center, we are the perfect lodging option for business travelers. We’re just a quick walk to the Hilton, so you can retreat back after your long work day to the peace, quiet, and privacy of our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast. We have a common room with a computer, a printer, and a fax/scanner for our guests’ convenience, and, of course, free Wi-Fi throughout the inn.
If you’re heading to our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast for pleasure or a couples getaway, allow us to pamper you with our special add-on package of Champagne and fresh strawberries awaiting you in your room upon check-in. We can’t wait to host you for your upcoming trip to Washington, DC; the sooner you reserve, the less you’ll pay. Book your lodging today!