The National Prayer Breakfast has long been a tradition in Washington DC since President Dwight D. Eisenhower attended in 1953. Over the years, It’s been a meeting where Christians, politicians, and business people come together to enjoy a meal and prayer.
In the past, The National Prayer Breakfast provided a forum for US and world leaders to gather together and discuss their faith. The day was marked by a series of meetings and events that thousands of guests attended. The event’s highlights were speeches by two keynote guests: traditionally the US president, while the second speaker’s identity often remained unknown.
As of 1953, the National Prayer Breakfast is being organized by the Fellowship Foundation. The breakfast takes place annually and is traditionally held on the First Thursday of February. Since the 1980s, the Washington Hilton on Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC, has served as the event venue.
The National Prayer Breakfast is just one of hundreds of conventions held in Washington DC each year, most at the Washington Hilton near our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast. If you’re heading to our Nation’s Capital for business this year, join us at our charming historic Inn for your lodging. Unlike traditional hotels, when you stay at the American Guest House, you’ll have personalized service and a private space to relax during your downtime. Book your room today!
The National Prayer Breakfast & More Conventions
The National Prayer Breakfast has evolved over the years. In the words of the Fellowship Foundation, this event has always been an “opportunity for Members of Congress to pray collectively for our nation, the President of the United States, and other national and international leaders in the spirit of love and reconciliation as Jesus of Nazareth taught 2,000 years ago.” Regardless of faith, every acting president has joined since 1953, when Eisenhower accepted the invitation.
Over the years, the National Prayer Breakfast grew under the Fellowship Foundation. The event which brings together about 3500 attendees will continue to take place at the Washington Hilton Hotel, President Biden will host a small gathering at the Capitol for about 300 mostly members of Congress. If you’re looking for lodging for the National Prayer Breakfast or any upcoming conventions in Washington DC, we hope to host you at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast.
More Upcoming Conventions in Washington DC
2024 Spring Conventions at the Washington Hilton:
- Jan 12th-14th ShmooCon
- Feb 6th-8th Academic Surgical Congress
- Feb 10th-13th NACo Legislative Conference
- Feb 14th-15th Humanities Literature Cultures and Arts Global Conference
- Feb 15th-18th NAIMUN Conference • Georgetown University
- Feb 24th-28th DSO / Washington Conference The American Legion
- Feb/Mar 27th-1st Annual Grants Training Workshop
- March 9th-12th Cardiovascular Research Technologies Conference (CRT)
- March 17th-24th NEMA Mid-Year Forum
- March 23rd-26th National Association of Workforce Boards Forum (NAWB)
- April 3rd ITA-ASIL Conference/Tradeshow
- April 2nd-4th NCRC – Just Economy Conference
- April 3rd-6th American Society Of International Law Annual Meeting
- April 24th-25th National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner
- May 23rd-26th Libertarian National Convention
- May 29th-31st America International Agriculture Show (AMIAS)
2024 Spring Conventions at the Omni Shoreham:
- March 10th-13th CCA Enrolled Actuaries Conference
- March 14th-16th Emerging Researchers National Conference in STEM (ERN Conference in STEM)
- March 18th-20th National Association of Federal Education Program Administrators Conference (NAFEPA)
- March 21st-24th Psychotherapy Networker Symposium
- March 26th-28th National Fusion Center Association (NFCA)
- April 15th-17th LeadingAge Leadership Summit
- April 18th-21st International Municipal Lawyers Association Seminar (IMLA Seminar)
- May 8th-10th MPL Association Conference
- May 13th-15th National Skills Coalition Skills Summit
- May 20th-22nd JumpStart Air Service Development Conference
2024 Spring Conventions at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center:
- Jan 7th-11th Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting
- Jan 19th-28th Washington Auto Show
- Feb 13th-14th Esri Federal GIS Conference
- Feb 24th-25th Washington DC Travel & Adventure Show
- Feb 24th-26th Aaaai Annual Convention
- March 1st-2nd Washington Metro Cai
- March 2nd Black College Expo-DC/Maryland
- March 4th-6th Credit Union National Association
- March 4th-6th OTAKON Otakon Annual Convention
- March 3rd-7th CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference
- March 8th-10th Awesome Con Washington
- March 16h Health & Fitness Expo – Washington DC
- March 18th-21st SATELLITE Conference & Exhibition
- March 26th-28th America Votes State Summit
- April 2nd-3rd IAPP Global Privacy Summit
- April 1st-4th World Vaccine Congress
- April 10th Living in Color
- April 15th-18th Data Center World National Harbor conference
- April 16th-18th National Environmental Justice Conference
- April 25th-27th Oncology Nursing Society Annual Congress
- April 27th Planner Con
- April 30th-May 2nd Modern Day Marine
- May 5th Washington Bridal & Wedding Expo
- May 6th-7th Premier Real Estate Expo
- May 4th-9th Legislative Meetings And Trade Expo
- May 4th-9th Realtors Legislative Meeting
Business Lodging at our Washington DC B&B
For those heading to our Nation’s Capital this year for business, the National Prayer Breakfast, or upcoming conventions, our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast is truly a special place to stay. Those who are frequently traveling for work will find our unique space a nice break from the standard hotel stays. Our historic Inn offers the perfect escape from crowded areas in the city, with only 12 intimate guest rooms and access to our shared common areas.
Our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast is only a short walk from the Washington Hilton and the DuPont Circle Metro station, so DC proper is easily accessible. We offer competitive rates compared to traditional hotels without sacrificing quality or a comfortable atmosphere. For our business travelers, we have free Wi-Fi throughout the Inn, and our living area has a computer and printer. This room can also be rented for up to six people for small private meetings.
We hope you’ll join us at our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast in the new year, either for business or pleasure. The earlier you book, the better our rates, so don’t delay. Get your lodging on the calendar today. Book your room here.