Otakon fans, get ready to come to Washington, DC August 11-13 for Otakon 2017, the anticipated annual event celebrating Asian pop culture at. This year, the theme is Spies, and will consist of a variety of fun activities, panels, and workshops for attendees to participate in. The convention will take place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, less than two miles from our Washington DC bed and breakfast.
What activities will be offered at Otakon 2017?
- Live Action Role Playing (LARP): To participate in LARP you must register ahead of time and choose a Japanese Anime character.
- Photo Suite: Get professional photos taken of you in your costume! It is open from 10 am – 8 pm on Friday and Saturday, and 10 am – 3 pm on Sunday.
- Portable Kaiju Battle League
- Artist Alley: Have your artwork on display and see other fans art exhibits.
- Fan-produced Video Screenings
- Karaoke, and so much more!
In addition, there will be special guests in attendance: Shinto Priestess, Consultant, and founder of Washington DC Kimono Club, Kuniko Kanawa; Voice Actress, Director, Writer, Stephanie Sheh; Voice Actor, Actor, and Producer Vic Mignogna.
How do I register for Otakon 2017? The membership rate for the first 10,000 online registrants is $80 for those who renew a previous online-registration and $85 for those who are registering as new members. For the remaining online registrants it is $90 for those who renew a previous online-registration, and $95 for those who are registering as new members. It is $100 for members who register upon arrival for those both new or renewing.
Where can I stay during my visit? Our Washington DC Inn is conveniently located less than two miles away from the Washington Convention Center and only a 10-minute walk from the Dupont Metro Station. Our historical, charming accommodation has 12 unique rooms that come with great amenities and a delicious homemade breakfast every morning. We hope you join us!
Shannon Stiles, Innkeeper at American Guest House