Welcome to Our Washington DC Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Rates $159 to $219 plus 14.5% tax per night
- 12 en suite bedroom accommodation in Washington DC
- Free WiFi, Shared Computer, Luggage Storage +
- Walk 10 minutes to Dupont Circle Metro Station (Red Line)
- Walk 5 minutes to Washington Hilton Hotel
- Walk 10 – 15 minutes to Wardman Park Marriott Hotel
- Walk 10 – 15 minutes to Omni Shoreham Hotel
- Walk 20 – 25 minutes to White House from our Washington DC Lodging
- Capitol, Smithsonian Museums and Monuments 2 miles away from our DC Inn.
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) is 5 miles away.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) is 30 miles away.
- Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI) is about 35 miles away.
- Washington DC Government Per Diem Rates with free gourmet breakfast & WiFi.
- We offer Military Lodging in Washington DC
- We sell Washington DC Hotel Package
- We have Washington DC Hotel Deals visit our Specials page
- Normandy Hotel Washington DC is just around the corner from us
- American Guest House offers Cheap Lodging in Washington DC
Washington DC Getaways
American Guest House, a Washington DC bed and breakfast, is close to the city center and very convenient to all DC attractions. We are located in a wonderful historical residential neighborhood amongst Embassies, old mansions and beautiful apartment buildings bordering Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan and Woodley Park and Rock Creek Park. The White House is only 1 mile away and the Smithsonian Museums, monuments and the Capitol are about 2 miles away.
Room 403 is the largest bedroom at our Washington DC Lodging and it is very popular with newly weds, honeymooners, anniversary celebrations and Special Occasion celebrations. We are here to help you prepare for your special celebrations, so let us know what you would like and we will do our best to have it for you at arrival.
If you are planning a vacation in Washington DC during the months of July and August remember to bring a hat, suntanning lotion or sun protector, very light clothing and of course very comfortable shoes. Those months are known for being very hot but you can still enjoy the sights and attractions in DC because you will be spending most of your time inside museums anyway where air conditioning is normally at full blast.
The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Museum of American History, Abraham Lincoln’s Monument, Vietnam Veterans Memorial are some of the most popular Washington DC sights and attractions but there are plenty more to see and do. A suggestion is making time to see some of the 3-D movies that are so popular with all age groups.
Some of the museum’s restaurants and cafeterias offer some pretty decent food and my favorite ones are: Museum of Natural History and Museum of American History. If you like chicken and MacDonald, you can get plenty of this at the Air and Space Museum. The food at the Indian Museum it is one of my least favorites. Please visit our Restaurants page for more restaurant choices:
A note from your innkeeper:
Coming to Washington DC to attend a convention at either the Washington Hilton Hotel, Wardman Park Marriott, Omni or Walter E Washington Convention Center? Stay at our Washington DC lodging and enjoy many free amenities and benefits.
DC United vs Portland Timbers at RFK Stadium in Washington DC on May 25th from 7 to 9pm.
AT&T National Golf Tournment at the Congressional Country Club in Bethesda from June 24th to June 30th.
June 5th thru June 16th – Washington DC Jazz Festival – Over 125 performances in 60 venues, this is the largest music festival in Washington, DC. Some of the places to watch The Phillips, Kennedy Center, The Hamilton, National Gallery of Art, Bohemian Caverns and lots more.