Washington, DC, has a remarkable culinary scene, peppered throughout a collection of historic neighborhoods worthy of exploration. While covering the bounty of the best places to eat in DC in one list would be near impossible, thankfully, many of our favorite spots are the nearby Dupont Circle restaurants. And while we fully understand there are fantastic restaurants in other neighborhoods, like Capitol Hill, Georgetown, and Woodley Park, here, we’ll narrow it down to our charming area in Dupont Circle, Kalorama, and the Adams Morgan districts.
Dining out is a joy in Washington, DC; the food scene is diverse and innovative, ranging from lively eateries and casual cafes to white tablecloth establishments and chef-owned Michelin Star honorees. You’ll find that the Dupont Circle restaurants vary in cuisine, style, and atmosphere as well; you won’t have to go far to find something for everyone.
And when your appetite is satisfied, you can relax knowing that your guest room at one of the best Dupont Circle hotels is ready and awaiting your return.
The American Guest House is a classic Colonial-style home built in 1893 and converted into a hotel with bed and breakfast-style amenities. There’s nothing cookie-cutter about our space. Each well-appointed room has elegant decor and a distinct layout while offering high-end amenities, luxurious linens, and superb hospitality from the moment you arrive to the minute you pack your bags.
Our location is ideal for those interested in exploring culinary options, as the majority of these Dupont Circle restaurants are within walking distance. Come explore Washington, DC, with us and book your room today!
The Best Dupont Circle Restaurants
At the heart of this neighborhood is the iconic Dupont Circle fountain. This area is known for its eclectic eateries, coffee shops, bookstores, dive bars, and dance clubs, which you’ll find most on Connecticut Avenue. Dupont Circle restaurants are great for business dinners, quick lunches, or work-related happy hours—but also for those here for pleasure—you’ll also feel comfortable on a romantic date in this area. You’ll likely be rubbing elbows with locals, as well as a solid mix of tourists exploring the area for the first time.
- Bistrot du Coin: It’s just a quick jaunt to this Parisian bistro for well-executed French favorites, including moules frites and buttery escargot.
- Lyle’s: You’ll find breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, and dinner at this local establishment, along with classic and modern cocktails and bar snacks.
- La Tomate: This is one of the best Dupont Circle restaurants for classic Italian fare using seasonal ingredients. The outdoor umbrella-clad patio has some of the best seats in the city.
- Mi Casa: The menus blend upscale Mexican cuisine with Tex-Mex favorites at this local welcoming eatery.
- Hank’s Oyster Bar: For oysters on the half-shell, shaken or stirred martinis, and a chill vibe, Hank’s is a known commodity in Washington, DC, with three locations across the city.
- Sushi Taro: Belly up to the Omakase-style counter at this Michelin-starred restaurant and let the inventive tasting experience transport you to Japan.
- ala: Also one of the new Dupont Circle restaurants added to the famed Michelin guide, you’ll find stand-out Levantine cuisine served in a warm and welcoming space.
- Iron Gate: This swanky spot offers Italian and Greek small plates, a tasting menu, and more. Be sure to reserve a table on the beautiful garden courtyard.
- Boqueria: This is by far one of the best Dupont Circle restaurants for Spanish tapas. Enjoy the light and bright space and a lovely selection of wines by the glass and bottle.
- SURA Restaurant: The very cool 50-seat underground space is a fantastic spot for innovative Thai dishes. Located right near the fountain, only 15 minutes walk from our Dupont Circle hotel.
Fun Dupont Circle Bars to Try, Too!
While you’ll be more than satisfied with the drink selection at the Dupont Circle restaurants listed above, sometimes you’d rather relax in a cocktail lounge, speakeasy, or dive bar. There’s a huge selection of Dupont Circle bars in the neighborhood, but here are five notable spaces not to miss.
- Kramers: Grab a spot at the 26-seat bar/bookshop featuring a great menu with 18 beers on tap, wine, craft cocktails, and plenty of tasty bar snacks, by far one of the most well-known Dupont Circle bars in the area.
- Doyle: Enjoy classic martinis and creative cocktails at the swanky bartop or on a cozy blue velvet couch at this local hotel lounge.
- Residents Cafe & Bar: This all-day chic cafe offers eclectic garden patio seating—don’t miss the espresso martini!
- Bar Charley: Known for its 100+ cocktail list, this classy bar gives off old-timey steakhouse vibes.
- Jack Rose Dining Saloon: This is one of the best Dupont Circle bars for bourbon lovers. The current tally is 2,687 bottles of whiskey on the wall!
One of the Best Dupont Circle Hotels
An exciting night out on the town at the best Dupont Circle restaurants and bars is the perfect addition to any getaway to Washington, DC. However, that’s just the beginning of the incredible things to do in Washington, DC, near our Dupont Circle hotel. This area has always been a melting pot of cultures, translating to fantastic dining opportunities, exciting museums, monuments, and so much more.
You’ll want your accommodations to be a haven of comfort during your visit, and that’s precisely what you’ll find at one of the highest-rated Dupont Circle hotels in Washington, DC. Our boutique hotel with bed and breakfast amenities is a welcome home away from home. With only twelve beautiful guestrooms, you’ll have privacy and quiet—not always guaranteed at big chain hotels.
Our location is ideal for exploring the best of Washington, DC. We’re in the Kalorama Park neighborhood, which borders the Dupont Circle neighborhood, a hub of activity. If you’re ready for an unforgettable getaway, book your room at one of the best Dupont Circle hotels today!