Come and try our fresh baked goods here at Guest House!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts(walnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp grated orange peel
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the chopped cranberries and walnuts to coat with the flour mixture.
3. Mix together orange juice, sugar, butter, and egg. Add to flour, cranberry, nut mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
4. Pour into a greased 9×5 or 8×4 loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until done (a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
5. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
American Guest House in Washington DC