The American Guest House a Washington DC bed and breakfast has been taking care of business travelers and convention attendees since 2001. Our rates are typically much better than the larger Washington DC hotels in the area and the accommodations more comfortable and personal.
Our quiet bed and breakfast accommodations and central location have made us a favorite for business travelers spending time in Washington DC; especially because we are right across the street from the Washington Hilton Hotel, 10 to 15-minute walk to Wardman Park Hotel and Omni Shoreham Hotel and very convenient to the Washington, DC Convention Center and several other convention hotels. Included in the room rate is a delicious gourmet breakfast with made-to-order eggs and our chef’s daily specials. WiFi access is available throughout the house. There is also a computer available to our registered guests in the living room. Both services are free while you are our guests. We have an honor system in the living room where you can use our guest computer to print or use our FAX/SCANNER. Being just minutes from the Dupont Circle Metro makes it easy to get around Washington without having to worry about your car and where to park it.
Meeting Room Rental
Small meeting room available that can accommodate up to 6 people renting from $40 to $70 per hour.
Being tucked in close to all the large convention and conference hotels in Washington DC has a distinct advantage for you. When staying with us, you can attend your conference and when the day is over you can retreat to our quiet and comfortable inn without all the noise and commotion that often accompanies conventions in larger hotels. This Washington DC lodging is located near Dupont Circle, Woodley Park, Adams Morgan, and less than 1 mile to the White House. We have easy access to:
- The Washington Hilton- Perpendicular across the street (go right from the guest house). It is not unusual to see guests return between convention breaks to rest.
- Wardman Park Marriot- Only 4 blocks away (1 mile) and 10 to 15 minutes of leisure walk time. This is a very beautiful area and one of the safest areas in Washington DC
- The Omni Shoreham- A bit less than 4 blocks (0.8 miles) and about 10 minutes of leisure walk time away. Wonderful area, beautiful sights and a very safe area to walk in Washington DC
- Washington DC Convention Center- Located 8 blocks (2 miles) away from the American Guest House – 13 minutes by bus (bus stop in front of guest house) or walk to Dupont Circle metro and ride metro for 6 minutes.
- Washington DC Metro/Bus planner – use this link to calculate distance, time and cost from the guest house to locations throughout DC.