There are many conventions going on in Washington DC and metropolitan area during the month of February and here is another well attended annual event taking place at the Walter E Washington Convention Center on February 04 – 05, 2014. The America Vote State Summit brings together over 300 attendees including in-state experts, national political strategists, funders and organizational allies but it is closed to the Press.
Some of the topics to be presented are:
- States Matter: The Vital Role of States in Setting Policy & Political Agendas
- 2014 & 2016: Issue Landscape & Electoral Maps
- Another 2010? Strategies for Mobilizing Progressive Voters in 2014
- Fighting to Protect Voting Rights and Modernize Elections
- Preparing for Redistricting Post-2020
- America Votes +10: The Growth of Our Organization, Table Coalition and the Progressive Infrastructure
There are very nice convention hotels and Inns, and the Yellow/Green line: Mt Vernon Sq/7th St metro station near the Washington Convention center but the area is not as popular and special as Dupont Circle where our Washington DC Inn is located.
Lucia Rosan, Innkeeper
American Guest House, a Washington DC Bed and Breakfast
View Directions to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in a larger map