The House of the Temple located at 1733 16th Street, NW, in the Dupont Circle neighborhood is a Masonic temple that serves as the headquarters of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.
On May 31, 1911, 110 years after the founding of the Supreme Council, Grand Commander James D. Richardson broke ground on the spot where the House of the Temple now stands in Washington, D.C.
The temple was designed by John Russell Pope, who modeled it after the tomb of Mausolus at Halicarnassus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The building was dedicated four years later on October 18, 1915. The Temple Garden occupies about 0.25-acre (1,000 m2), divided into about 70 small plots worked by nearby residents.
The House of the temple is just a few blocks away from Dupont circle metro station. The view at the sunset is absolutely soulful. The House of the temple is surrounded with a peaceful park to relax your heels after a long walk towards the glory…
American Guest House in Washington DC